Monday, August 30, 2010

Ouchy!

Ross was being a trooper today and mowed most of the lawn.  He hit a stopping point in the orchard.  We located our bee hive in this area, and when I mow I try to go as fast around the hive as possible.  I've held on to the theory that the mower agitates the bees, and I guess I was right.  Ross was mowing around it and he got stung twice.  What made it worse was that the first bee stung him around his mouth and just as he was reacting to that sting (hence opening his mouth to gasp in pain) another stung him right on the fleshy part right next to his lip inside his mouth.  Talk about a boo-boo lip!

On the plus side, we got a good batch of cucumbers from the garden so Ross is working on canning me some dill pickles while he is also working on supper.  He made foil dinners to go on the grill, filled with squash, carrots, beans and potatoes from the garden.  I just love foil dinners.  They remind me of camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment