Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spectacular, Spectacular!

Tonight was the penny auction fundraiser for our church.  Ross made some cookies for it.  Now you should know that two of my favorite tastes are plain, old sugar cookies and anything lemon.  Combine them and you have just made a super food for me.  Ross has done that with this cookie.

As part of Ross' longtime desire to open a bakery we now take pictures of items that he feels he would like to sell on an ongoing basis.  These cookies made the list.  Along with the pictures Ross also has to name his product.  He called this the Lemon Drop Cookie (look closely at the picture and you can see the yellow from the 'lemon drops' that he added to the mix).  I, given the fact that this is Shannon tongue heaven, decided that it needed a different, more realistic, name-The Spectacular, Spectacular Pucker Up and Kiss Me Lemon Drop Sugar Cookie.  Now that's a name!

As I said earlier, Ross made these for a church fundraiser; this means keep your mitts off Shannon! His downfall was asking me to taste test one.  As if. One led to two, which led to three.  Three was the best because I ate it while standing right next to him.  He was so busy taking pictures that he did not notice right away that I was eating his centerfold.  When he finally did notice, he was quick to catch me red handed on film.  I think that this must have been a look that I developed when I was six; it's that one where you know you should be upset with me but I'm just acting too darn cute for you to get there so I just saved my own hide look!  I guess I'm good at naming looks too!

P.S.  I hope you like my Hurricane Irene beard.  It grew over the several days we were without power post the hurricane passing through.  By the time the power came back the beard had grown on me !  (Ha, ha, ha...I just crack myself up).

1 comment: