Friday, September 30, 2011

Pumpkins!

Its that time of year again folks! How I love to pick pumpkins from my garden to make pies, ravioli, breads, and cookies! When spring arrives each year I am eager to plant my sugar pumpkin seeds. As the seeds emerge from the ground the excitement begins. It is an exciting process to watch the vines grow hoping to have a fruit grow on them. I try not to pay too much attention because "watching the water boil" will take too long and the hope and excitement just can be too much. So, I tend to peek on them every once in a while with excitement. As summer comes to an end, the growing pumpkins really start to make me chuckle inside with excitement. When the day finally arrives to pick them, I become like a kid in a candy store. After picking them I tend to marvel at them and enjoy their simple beauty. Now what shall I make first? Hmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment