Friday, October 7, 2011

Wooly Bears are Back!

Banded.wooly.bear.side
It is that time of year when the trees start to change from green to various shades of red, yellow, and orange. I love the change from summer to fall. The excitement of apple picking, walks in the woods, and carving pumpkins brings out the inner child in me. One of my favorite things to see in fall is the emergence of the beautiful wooly bears! Yeah! The other day I saw my first wooly bear as I was walking Max up the hill. I looked down and there I saw it crawling across the road. Of course I had to stop and look at it. It made me smile. I immediately picked it up and put it in the woods so it would not get run over by a car. Some memories from my childhood rushed to me as I saw the wooly bear. The smell of the crisp fall air, running through the woods with my brother on mini hiking trips, and putting dead snakes in our sisters' mud pies.  Don't worry, no wooly bears were in the mud pies. He He! Of course, often you would see us picking up the wooly bears marveling at their brown and black colors while they would tickle our arm or palms as we held them. Thank you wooly bear for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment