Saturday, October 29, 2011

Merry Christma..., Um, No. Happy Halloween!

Brrrr. Oops, we mean Booo.
I'm one of those people.  Those people who just shudder when they walk into a store and see Christmas items before Halloween is even over.  It just burns my britches.  So imagine how a good snowfall three days before Halloween makes me feel.

I just got in from snow blowing the driveway.  That's right, snow blowing.  I'm still in denial about all this.  Our weatherman said earlier this week we might get snow from a Nor'easter that was heading up the coast.  He confirmed it last night with a prediction of a foot to fifteen inches for our area.  It's too soon for snow.  Even more, last winter was so snowy that I really didn't want to see another flake until 2012.  Denial set in pretty quick.

So here we are, snow on the ground.  Snow still falling.  And, Halloween has yet to come.  Ross and I spent the morning finishing the winterizing tasks that I thought we had until Thanksgiving to finish.  Nope. I guess all I can do is get a good fire going in the fireplace and settle down our brains for a looooong winter's nap.

Below are some pictures.  Enjoy or at least be thankful that it isn't you!

No comments:

Post a Comment