Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You're a Big Girl Now!

Which is the little girl egg?
After we woke up this morning Ross checked on the chickens. We still have the little girls separated from the big girls.  In the little girls' pen was a little surprise. One of our little girls laid her first egg.  We believe it was Big Bird as she is the farthest developed (she is bigger than the two remaining older girls but doesn't know it).  It looks like we will be having a lot more eggs coming our way soon!

On another note, the other night we took Max out for his final potty.  We heard this little, clicking noise and saw something gliding from tree to tree.  It was a flying squirrel.  I was so happy as this was on my list of animals that live in New England that I wanted to see but haven't.  In two weeks I've gotten to cross bobcat and flying squirrel off the list. It has been a good summer so far.

Speaking of good summer, our gardens are doing great this year.  Below are some pictures I took today.  The gardens give me so much joy.  I hope the pictures help give you a little too!



1 comment:

  1. The missing pictures were hosted on a site, slide.com, that has closed up shop. Sorry that you missed them.

    ReplyDelete